Part Time Help Wanted
Advertising & Course Administration
Wilderness Medicine Instructor
Advertising & Course
- Are you a social media guru?
- Do you enjoy advertising / word-spreading?
- Are you extremely detail-oriented?
- Are you looking for permanent, long-term part-time work -- not just a
fill-gap until you have a different job or school begins, etc.?
- Do you have a kind heart and warm, friendly demeanor?
We're looking for someone to partner with on the admin side of MEDIC's
growing course load. If you answered "yes" to all questions above, please
Contact Matt to learn more about the job if you'd like, and please submit a
resume and a
cover letter which illustrates how you are a great match with the questions
- Choose-your-own job title (within reason :)
- Pay will start at Living Wage, with frequent opportunity for bonuses.
- Enjoy work wherever you want, so long as you have an internet connection.
Do You Have:
- a Wilderness First Responder (WFR) or higher certification, or other
medical certification plus a desire to become a WFR?
- a super-strong passion for wilderness medicine, and endless desire to
learn more about it?
- a sharp mind, and attention to detail?
- extensive experience with outdoor adventures, disaster relief, or
emergency medical care-giving?
- the ability, warmth, patience, and thoughtfulness to work well with all
kinds and ages of learners?
- an always-upbeat attitude?
- a good sense of humor?
- punctuality, dependability, reliability, and loyalty as some of your core
- weekend availability?
- a desire and plan to live and stay in Virginia or surrounding
states for many years to come?
- MEDIC may be interested in training you (apprenticeship model, plus
possibly SOLO Instructor Training School) to become a top-notch SOLO
wilderness medicine instructor
- Once you're accepted and trained (an on-and-off process that typically
takes at least a few months), both MEDIC and SOLO will be interested in hiring
you to teach 2-day Wilderness First Aid certification classes (usually on
weekends) on a part-time basis.
- Please email matt (at) solowfa (d0t) com with (1) a
cover letter illustrating how you have what's listed in the "Do You Have"
section above, and (2) your resume, including noting your GPA from the last
educational institution you attended.
- Set your email spam filter to welcome emails from: @solowfa (d0t)
Thanks, hope to get to embark upon a long-term
relationship working with you!
to be notified of newly-scheduled classes
May 9-10 (mid-week):
June 3 - 4:
July 8 - 9:
Scenic Riverside, Fredericksburg,
Aug. 19-27 (9 days):
Sep. 2 - 4:
near Blacksburg, VA
Dec. 16-17, 2017:
Uwharrie Nat'l Forest, NC