Recertify Disaster + Travel + Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
Recertify Basic Wilderness First Aid (BWFA) or WRFA
Disaster + Travel + Wilderness First Aid (WFA) Recertification
Certification lasts 2 years
- Unless one consistently reviews and practices the WFA material at least
monthly, one tends to lose most of the information and many of the hands-on
skills by the time the 2-year certification comes to an end.
Re-certification: the full WFA course ~
- The WFA course is as compact as it possibly can be ... so to recertify
and continue to be hands-on able to render so many different types of
emergency care, taking the full course is necessary.
- The 2nd, 3rd+ time taking the class:
- The basics will come back to you quickly, enabling you to focus more
on the finer details of high-quality care
- SOLO and partner organizations are continuously advancing
state-of-the-art, evidence-based, disaster + wilderness medical science
- MEDIC is continuously learning from parent SOLO and partner
organization developments, as well as from leading outdoor expeditions ...
incorporating cutting-edge information into its classes
- Here are just a few quotes from students who took MEDIC's WFA class
more than once:
"Taking the WFA for the second time has been very rewarding. There's much
more intimacy with the material and practices when you've had an opportunity to
experience it before."
-Joe D., May 2011
"I learned even more taking it this second time."
- John Holden, manager of Blue Ridge Mountain Sports,
- John went on to take MEDIC's class a 3rd time, which then led
to BRMS sponsoring MEDIC to teach in all BRMS communities.
- The 4th time John took it, in response to "Did this
course meet your expectations?", he wrote on 1/12/2014: "Far
exceeded, even after taking it 3x before. Got better, more
material, learned more!"
"It was even better the second time around."
- Anonymous student feedback, January 2013
"This is my 2nd time taking Matt's course. My goal was to develop a
stronger level of comfort & confidence w/ the techniques. It was definitely
better the 2nd time around. I'd highly recommend taking the course multiple
- Anonymous student feedback, November 2012
Basic Wilderness First Aid (BWFA) / Wilderness and Remote First Aid (WRFA) Recertification
If you have taken a BWFA or WRFA course with another organization, try this WFA
course to recertify.
to be notified of newly-scheduled classes
May 31 - June 1:
June 3 - 4:
July 8 - 9:
Scenic Riverside, Fredericksburg,
Aug. 19-27 (9 days):
Sep. 2 - 4:
near Blacksburg, VA
Old Fields, WV
Jan. 6 - 7, 2018:
Jan. 13-14, 2018: