MEDIC SOLO Disaster + Travel + Wilderness First Aid
Why Enroll in THIS Class with THIS Instructor?
Your actual hands-on capability and confidence to render emergency medical
care depends on:
- Curriculum quality
- Instructor quality
- Class not getting cancelled
1) Top-Quality, Evidence-Based, State-of-the-Art Curriculum
- SOLO is the
oldest continuously-operating school of wilderness medicine on the planet
- Legitimacy: run by a physician. Very few other schools can
claim that. Some consult a physician; it's not the same as having an
experienced physician own and run the school.
- State-of-the-art: having a staff of nearly 20 full-time employees
(not counting instructors) enables SOLO to continuously develop
state-of-the-art, evidence-based curriculum updates.
- In addition to, above and beyond being a Wilderness EMT, Matt has SOLO's
- As compared to many other instructors, Matt's being a Geo Medic greatly
increases his ability to give you the best possible answers to your questions,
both during and forever after class.
- Experience: has taught ~2,500 students.
this instructor's course reviews to see what the anonymous feedback surveys
- The instructor often hears sad reports of other organizations' classes.
- Sometimes it's a case of you get what you pay for (if you find a much
- Some other times you pay more for a different course, and don't get
what you pay for.
3) MEDIC Has Never Cancelled an Open-Enrollment Class*
- Matt Rosefsky (teaching since 2007) deeply cares about the people he
educates, respects the significant amount time they have set aside to take the
class, and wants to have as many people out there as possible to have this
training -- making disaster and wilderness areas safer for all.
- *Matt has taught classes with as few as 2 students! He respects
and honors your commitment to attend, with his commitment not to cancel
unless you tell him you'd like to transfer to another date.
4) 10% of Proceeds of Many of MEDIC's Courses Go To Local Nonprofit
- How many other organizations out there care this much about community and
helping out, building meaningful cash donations into the organization's basic
to be notified of newly-scheduled classes
May 9-10 (mid-week):
June 3 - 4:
July 8 - 9:
Scenic Riverside, Fredericksburg,
Aug. 19-27 (9 days):
Sep. 2 - 4:
near Blacksburg, VA
Dec. 16-17, 2017:
Uwharrie Nat'l Forest, NC