MEDIC SOLO Disaster + Travel + Wilderness First Aid
Why Enroll in THIS Class with THIS Instructor?
Your actual hands-on capability and confidence to render emergency medical
care depends on:
- Curriculum quality
- Instructor quality
- Class not getting cancelled
1) Top-Quality, Evidence-Based, State-of-the-Art Curriculum
- SOLO is the
oldest continuously-operating school of wilderness medicine on the planet
- Legitimacy: run by a physician. Very few other schools can
claim that. Some consult a physician; it's not the same as having an
experienced physician own and run the school.
- State-of-the-art: having a staff of nearly 20 full-time employees
(not counting instructors) enables SOLO to continuously develop
state-of-the-art, evidence-based curriculum updates.
2) Highly-Acclaimed, Top-Notch Instructors
Trainer is Matt Rosefsky. In addition to, above and beyond being a Wilderness EMT, Matt has SOLO's
- As compared to many other instructors, MEDIC's Instructor-Trainer being a Geo Medic greatly
increases his ability to give you, and train all MEDIC Instructors in, the
evidenced-based answers to your questions,
both during and forever after class.
- MEDIC's Instructor-Trainer has taught ~3,000 students in 200+ classes,
fine-tuning the technique with each successive class.
- Please read this
read this Instructor-Trainer's course reviews to see what the anonymous feedback surveys
- MEDIC's Instructor-Trainer often hears sad reports of other organizations' classes.
- Sometimes it's a case of you get what you pay for (if you find a much
- Some other times you pay more for a different course, and don't get
what you pay for, for the reason below.
- Many medical schools have their share of good and bad instructors.
MEDIC does not. Matt personally trains each MEDIC instructor
to excellence, keeps him/her updated with the latest in evidence-based
medical technique, and guarantees your MEDIC course instructor will give you
an outstanding, enriching, experiential education -- satisfaction
- Please get to know our instructors:
see each MEDIC
3) MEDIC Has Never Cancelled an Open-Enrollment Class*
- MEDIC deeply cares about the people we
educate, respects the significant amount time they have set aside to take the
class, and wants to have as many people out there as possible get this
training -- making disaster and wilderness areas safer for all.
- *MEDIC has taught classes with as few as 2 students! He respects
and honors your commitment to attend, with his commitment not to cancel
unless you tell him you'd like to transfer to another date.
4) 10% of Proceeds of Many of MEDIC's Courses Go To Local Nonprofit
- How many other schools out there care this much about community and
helping out, building meaningful cash donations into the school's basic
to be notified of newly-scheduled classes
Jan. 6 - 7, 2018:
Feb. 3 - 4:
Mar. 3 - 4:
Huntington, WV /
Ashland, KY area
Grand Junction, CO
Triangle area, NC
Apr. 7 - 8:
Spruce Knob, WV
May 5 - 6:
May 26-27 or 28:
June 2 - 3:
Triangle area, NC
Richmond, KY /
June 30 - July 1:
Sep. 1-3: Mtn-top retreat